Tuesday 21 November 2023

Burdon Moor

 19.11.23 and a morning walk around Burdon Moor in the hope of getting images of Fieldfare and it was thanks to a fly over Peregrine that I did. I’d seen some Crows mobbing what I thought was a Kestrel but the Crows don’t normally mob Kestrels so I thought Sparrowhawk but when they came closer, I realised it was a Peregrine (a first for me at Burdon Moor). As the Peregrine flew over a hedge a mixed flock of dozens of Fieldfare, Redwing and Starling flew up. Some of the Fieldfare landed in a tree not far from me and I managed to get some images.

Peregrine Falcon.



Fieldfare.






Another bird that was being mobbed by the crows was this Red Kite.

I was nearly at the bottom of the loop when the Kite landed on a post beyond the top of the loop and started to eat something.

I walked back up taking pictures as I went.

Unfortunately, I could not get close enough to see what it was eating (the images of the Kites are nearly a 100% crop from the original).

When it was finished eating the Kite flew off.

The Stonechats (two females) unfortunately weren’t as approachable as they were the last time I was there.





This Buzzard was also being mobbed by the Crows.

A couple of Roe Deer.


No comments:

Post a Comment