Saturday 5 October 2024

Gibside

 Around the middle of last month my wife and I had a short walk around the National Trust property Gibside. The weather was sunny and quite warm which made for a canny walk. I again took loads of photos of the wildlife we saw, and I am struggling to identify a few of the insects so any help (and corrections) would be gratefully received.

The Roe Deer and its fawn calmly walked onto the path unfazed by the visitors walking around.

The female checking me out.


The fawn was a little skittish.



However, it stayed on the path for quite a while.

Forest/Red-legged Shieldbug.

Final instar Common Green Shieldbug.

These next few images are the ones with which I am struggling. They could be Digger Wasps but I’m not sure.




Hoverfly?

7-spot Ladybird.

Another 7-spot.

Damsel Bug.

Orb Web Spider.

Migrant Hawker?

I thought at first Ruddy but looking at the colour of the legs I now think Common Darter.

Little Grebe.

Gibside would not be Gibside if there were no Red Kites flying over.

Buzzard.



No comments:

Post a Comment