Thursday 18 July 2019

Kibblesworth Brick Works

The so called professional dog walkers haven’t put me off going to Kibblesworth Brick Works although at times it’s ridiculous the amount of dogs that are there with the vast majority off the lead. It wasn’t too bad when I went last Sunday afternoon there were only a couple of dogs with families out for a walk. I’m pleased I did go as I saw at least three Emperor Dragonflies half a dozen Black-tailed Skimmer and the same number of Four-spotted Chaser. I also got two firsts for the season, Common Darter and Emerald Damselfly.

Emperor Dragonfly



One of the Emperor Dragonflies did eventually land but it was too far away to get any decent shots.

Black-tailed Skimmer



The only shot I could get of a female Black-tailed Skimer, which was Ovipositing.

Four-spotted Chaser

Four-spotted Chaser

My first Common Darter of the season

My first Emerald Damselfly of the season

Azure Damselfly trying to mate but they were being interrupted

They did succeed eventually

Blue-tailed Damselfly
 

No comments:

Post a Comment