Monday 15 July 2019

Quarrying

A visit to Wingate and Bishop Middleham quarries last week primarily for butterflies but this time I looked at some flowers that I would normally just walk past. The reason I looked, I saw two groups of people looking closely at these flowers and realised what they were looking at were different types of Orchids so I took a few photographs (if I have the names of any of the Orchids wrong please correct me). However, the first part of that day started at Kibblesworth Brick Ponds.

Two's company (mating Burnet Moth)

Three’s a crowd


Burnet Moth

Blue-tailed Damselfly (rufescens) please correct me if I’m wrong

Blue-tailed Damselfly (rufescens-obsoleta) as above

Marbled White Butterfly



Small Heath Butterfly. It looks as though its wing has failed to unfold properly.

Small Skipper

Latticed Heath Moth

Brown Argus

Bee Orchid

Another Bee Orchid

Pyramidal Orchid

Could this be a Small Heath Orchid (I was told it was)

Dark Red Helleborine

Another Dark Red Helleborine

Common Twayblade

?

Common Spotted Orchid
 

No comments:

Post a Comment