Tuesday 9 July 2019

The smaller side of Scotland

During the second week of our holiday in Scotland, we stayed in a cottage between Boat of Garten and Nethy Bridge. The next few Blogs have wildlife images from around that area. This Blog features some of the smaller wildlife in the area.

Raft Spider

Raft Spider. When I first saw this I didn’t have a clue what I was looking at.

Looking closely it appears that one Raft Spider is eating another one.

Male Raft Spider?

There were quite a few of these Spiders around

This spider was underneath Sundew

Wolf Spider?

Wolf Spider?

Two-banded Longhorn Beetle


In the fortnight that we were in Scotland I saw only two Damselflies one was a Large Red the other was this one a Northern Damselfly.

And this is the only Butterfly I manage to get a picture of a Small Pearl-bordered Fritillary.

I was standing on a boardwalk taking this picture of a Hoverfly and the lady standing next to me came up with its Latin name straight away but funnily enough I can’t remember what it was.

Beetle and Hoverfly

A bug but I haven’t a clue what it is.

When I started to take pictures of Moths I thought it would be easy to identify them by just looking through a book. How wrong was I.

I rescued this one from a watery grave.



Water Strider
 

No comments:

Post a Comment