Saturday 16 May 2020

With the Governments…

…lockdown restrictions being eased a little I thought I would take a drive up to the Durham Dales. Now at any other time in the Dales the star of the show would have been Wood Warbler however yesterday there was another star. With the help of Clinton, Rachel and Derek I managed to get a lifer, Dotterel. However, this star bird had a canny supporting cast.

The star of the show but unfortunately, the Dotterel saw me before I saw them so every image has the birds with their backs to me.





Now for the supporting cast starting with Wood Warbler.





Followed by Redstart



Then Pied Flycatcher





This is the only shot I managed of the female Pied Flycatcher

Golden Plover



Great-spotted Woodpecker


This is what it thought of having its picture taken

Meadow Pipit

My first Green Hairstreak of the season
 

No comments:

Post a Comment