Monday 16 August 2021

Dragonflies

 

Images of Dragonflies from various sites over the last few weeks. Kibblesworth was predictable I knew what I was going to see however I didn’t see a lot. Twizell Woods was surprising I didn’t expect to see what I found there. Cragside was disappointing I say that but it was the weather that was disappointing (the BBC weather app got it wrong) not the Dragonflies however I have never seen so few Dragonflies in all the time I have been visiting Slipper Tarn.

Mating Black-tailed Skimmer.

A poor record shot of an Emperor Dragonfly.

I didn’t expect to find a female Brown Hawker at Twizell Woods.


Hopefully looking good in a couple of years.



Common Hawker.

Female laying eggs.

The same female laying eggs in a different spot.

She was still laying eggs when this male tried to mate with her. All the wrong settings on the camera.

Southern Hawker.


The reason I went to Cragside Black Darter. This male seems to be looking at his lunch.


This one took a fancy to my wife even leaving a little gift.  


Female Black Darter.

I watched this newly emerged Black Darter crawl up this stem to dry out.


Common Hawker.


No comments:

Post a Comment