Monday 9 August 2021

Farne Islands Part two.

 If you ask people why they go out to the Farne Islands I would bet the vast majority would say “to see the Puffins” because who could resist these charismatic little birds. That’s exactly why I went and here are some of the results.

My first view of a Puffin on this trip as it flies away from the boat.

Flying across the boat.

With a big fish.

It looks a long way down.

Doing what Puffins do.

Puffin portrait.

Busy sitting.

Puffin looking at me looking at it.

Flying straight at me with a bill full of Sandeels.

Another Puffin doing the same.

Yet another.

This one stood on the wall for ages with a bill full of Sandeels.

I took far too many pictures.

Puffin with the inevitable Gull in attendance.

More Gulls join in.

The Puffin has probably flown for miles to catch the Sandeels. 

Only for this to happen. The Gulls steal it just as the Puffin reaches presumed safety.

However, they still carry on flying out to sea.


To bring back more Sandeels.



2 comments:

  1. Great pics Ron, Puffin v Gulls sequence is excellent, have to start calling you Ron Attenborough ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Alan and thanks for the compliment I only wish I was that good.

    ReplyDelete