Sunday 8 August 2021

Farne Islands Part one

 

Last month (I didn’t realise it was that long ago) I had my first trip in ages to the Farne Islands. I went out with Serenity Boats and landed on Inner Farne. The National Trust were operating a one-way system on the island due to the current circumstances and we were only allowed on for an hour but it was just great to be back and to see all of the usual suspects.

Guillemot



Bridled Guillemot




Guillemot chick

Guillemot chick with its dad.

Razorbill. 

Razorbill portrait


If you look closely, you can see me in the reflection of its eye.

Chick doing a bit of wing flapping.

Arctic Tern.

Arctic Tern in flight.

Sandwich Tern.


Common Tern.

Cormorant

Cormorants eye.

Great Black-backed Gull.

There were quite a few seals around the islands.



No comments:

Post a Comment