Saturday 2 October 2021

Unfortunately, I have still…

 

…not seen any Black Darter dragonflies at Twizell Woods. I was there on the 29th and they were seen a couple of days before that however, as I say, no luck for me. There were still loads of Common Darter and a couple of Common and Southern Hawkers so some good photo opportunities were still to be had but unfortunately, I don’t think there will be many more.

Common Hawker

It looks as though it is turning its head to get a better look at me.


Southern Hawker


Female Southern Hawker egg laying.

Common Darter in tandem.




Three Common Darter two males and a female. I don’t think I have seen this before.

Common Darter mating on the wing.

Common Darter mating on a tree.

It may look like this is the same pair however it is another pair which landed in virtually the same spot as the previous ones.

Common Green Shieldbug. I haven’t seen many Shieldbug this year.

Comma butterfly.

There were quite a few of these flies and wasps on this tree presumably taking the sap.

Oak spangle gall (I think).

Oak apple gall.


No comments:

Post a Comment