Saturday 25 September 2021

Out and About

I have been for a couple of short walks recently the first around Burdon Moor, somewhere I haven’t been for a while, the other was just around the fields near our village. Nothing spectacular however this is just some of the wildlife I saw.

I found this Small Copper butterfly on my first loop around Burdon Moor.

On my second loop around ¾ hour later I found the same Small Copper but this time it was chasing a Comma Butterfly around. It would not let the Comma settle and when it landed on the path in front of me, I would swear that the Small Copper was trying to mate with the Comma. The Comma got sick of the attention and flew off leaving the Small Copper frustrated.


On the same loop I came across this female Common Darter.

On what was the old waggon way I found this Common Hawker.

The day after on another walk I found another Common Hawker hanging from a bale of hay.

And another Small Copper butterfly.

Nettle Taps were around in good numbers.

Here is a mating pair.

Also out in good numbers were Speckled Wood butterflies.

This one is feeding on Blackberries.

A Silver Y moth was feeding on clover.




This Kestrel was hovering over a newly cut field.

It landed close by on one of the bales.


Small Tortoiseshell butterfly.

Spider with its lunch.

Robins Pincushion.


No comments:

Post a Comment