Tuesday 19 July 2022

Isle of Mull part one

02.07.22 There’s probably going to be lots of parts but this is the first part on Mull. We were staying in a cottage not far from Duart Castle (it’s a great place from which to explore the island) and right across from the cottage were a pair of White-tailed Eagle. Unfortunately, they were a little too far away far any decent pictures but I still took far too many. The garden and the lane outside the cottage were great for spotting all manner of birds (more of them in later Blogs).

White-tailed Eagle on top of what I soon found out was its favourite tree.

However, this Hooded Crow did not like the Eagle being there and seems to be telling it to clear off.

And it did eventually chase it off.

But it came back.

The eagle got its eye onto something.

What exactly it was I’m not sure but it looked like a cat. It didn’t get it whatever it was.

The local Buzzard.


I found out that it would hunt the fields around the cottage every day. 


Redpoll.


Stonechat.

Bait for either the Buzzard or the Eagle?


 

2 comments:

  1. Great start, Ron. Looking forward to seeing what else you captured when I wasn't looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Barry, I bet you did ok while I wasn’t looking haha.

    ReplyDelete