Saturday 30 July 2022

I still have a…

 …few images to go through for some more Blogs on the Isle of Mull but that can wait for another time. I have been out a few times with the camera since we got back from Mull and once again, I’m still going through the images. However, I was out the other day to check on the Little Owls and managed to get some canny shots of them. I thought when I first went to check on them there were only three but in fact there are four.

The four of them were getting harassed by Magpies.

The parent birds came to check me out. This is one of them.


This is the other one. 

They could hear the shutter going off on the camera and seemed to wonder what it was as they kept bobbing up and down.

They seemed to get used to it and just got on with what they were doing, mainly flying from branch to branch.


This one is trying to bring up a pellet.


 But I didn’t see one come out.

It was watching something above it but I couldn’t see what it was.




It flew from one log to another and I nearly got it sharp.






While the parents were out playing the youngsters were grooming each other. 




2 comments:

  1. A darn fine set of photos there Ron, you have chuffed me right off with those!! Well done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Barry. I was out again yesterday with them and managed to get some fairly decent shots although I haven’t processed them yet so I will post them later.

    ReplyDelete