Sunday 18 December 2022

Up on the Durham Moors

 Two days I had a drive up on to the Durham Moors in the hope of seeing Red Squirrels in the snow. I was a little disappointed when I got up there because not only was there less snow than we had at home, I only saw one Red Squirrel which was slightly concerning as you normally see at least two running around. The squirrel that I did see never left a feeding box while I was there so I took a couple of shots just to say I had seen one then left the site to have a drive around. Here is what I saw not a lot but it is always great to be out and about.

Red Squirrel, I would not normally take shots like this but it did not move away from here.

Robin. At least six were around my feet and squabbling with each other.

Buzzard.


The resident Little Owl came out as soon as I pulled up in the car.


These Tufted Ducks were on the stream leading to the reservoir.

As were these Goldeneye. I saw around six of them.




No comments:

Post a Comment