Friday 12 May 2023

Durham Moors (again)

 I had another drive up onto the Durham Moors a few days ago in the hope of seeing my first Cuckoo of the year I did hear one but unfortunately, I didn’t see any. I did however see some canny birds.

On the way to the moors, I came across a couple of Roe Deer in a field.


While looking for Cuckoo I saw this Grey Partridge.

Then two of them.

Something caught my eye as I was about to cross a stile, it was a male Redstart. I sat on the stile and the Redstart sat on a post. It was a little distant for decent images but hey.

I sat for a little longer as the Redstart went from post to branch.


Then from branch back to a post. Unfortunately, I didn’t see the female this time.


Lapwing on the lookout.

And this is what it was looking out for, its chicks.


It was vigilant to say the least.

Because if anything got to close to the chicks it would take to the air.


Then land near to where the culprit was. 

This time I think this Partridge was the culprit and must have been a little too close because as the Lapwing landed the Partridge took off.



Meadow Pipit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment