Tuesday 22 September 2020

Here are a few…

… images from here and there while being out & about over the last couple of weeks. Unfortunately I cannot get this new version of Blogger to work for me. I cannot get the captions for the images to centre the way I used to so I will (for now) put the captions in the main body of the text not ideal I know but until I can work out how to format the blog I will have to do it this way.

The first Hawthorn Shieldbug I have seen (if I have identified it correctly)

Sawfly Caterpillar

Southern Hawker

Another Southern Hawker

I have seen loads of big Garden Spiders while out.

Common Blue Butterfly 

Speckled Wood Butterfly

Peacock Butterfly

Eristalis species of Hoverfly

Caddisfly

I’m not sure what species of fly this is.


















































2 comments:

  1. Hi Ron, I'm not a fan of the new blogger either but on my laptop I can right click on the photo then click on the underlined A symbol that comes up (toggle caption) and it works fine. Why they have to 'fix; something which worked perfectly well I don't know. Certainly hasn't improved it for me, made it worse in fact. and yes your Hawthorn Shieldbug is correct, final instar, nice pics. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Alan i'm pleased I got the identification right. I have tried using the underlined A, it does put the text in however it does not put it into the centre of the image as the old Blogger did. I have tried allsorts of things and nothing seems to work I just cannot centre the text.

    ReplyDelete