Wednesday 9 September 2020

Isle of Mull part 9

You will be pleased to hear that this is the last and finale part from our holiday on Mull (I think I can hear the cheering). I thought I would finish with another of my favourite encounters. It was on a wet (the first real rain we had) Thursday afternoon during our second week. We were driving along the shore of Loch Spelve when we saw four photographers on the shore. They were obviously taking photos of something and when I abandoned the car, I could see what it was. An Otter was feeding just a few yards away and did not bother about the photographers being there at all. I parked the car correctly and joined them on the shore and for around two hours, we followed the Otter along the shore, only moving when the Otter went into the loch to catch something. It was a great end to our holiday on Mull.

As you can see, it knew we were watching it but it was not bothered.

It liked a good scratched and did it quite a lot.












It’s weird but it did not seem to like the feel of the Crab in its mouth.

However, it did eat it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment