Wednesday 30 September 2020

I definitely have the bug.

 I think It is great hunting for these small Shieldbugs and I seem do be doing it every time I go out with the camera.  Most, but not all, of these bugs were found at Burdon Moor and along the Tanfield Railway path. Once again I may not have the identification correct for all of them.

Hawthorn Shieldbug



Birch Shieldbug






I think these are Hairy/Sloe Shieldbugs


Gorse Shieldbug




Common Green Shieldbug

I think the image above and the two below are Instars of Common Green Shieldbugs




2 comments:

  1. Great set of photos those Ron, the Birch bugs are beauties and a nice find with the Hairy instar. I took advantage of yesterdays sunshine and explored somewhere new, got some good finds (though not great photos). Will put it on my blog later. Cheers, glad you kept up the Bug-hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Alan. As I said every time I go out with the camera I look for bugs and I found some the other day so might put them up when I finish going through them.

    ReplyDelete