Saturday 12 September 2020

I cannot believe how…

…long a go it is since I took these images, it is eighteen days, its taken me that long to go through all of the images from Mull that I have neglected everything else. I could have made this Blog, from Twizell Woods, about only one species of dragonfly, the Southern Hawker, but I thought that would be a bit boring so I have added a couple of other dragonflies, oh and a couple of other images.

Apart from resizing this and the next image to fit the Blog, this is the first time I have not had to crop an image of a Southern Hawker (or any dragonfly) in flight.









One of the Southern Hawkers eventually landed.

Another one having a bite of bait.


Female laying eggs.

Male Common Hawker in flight.

Female Common Hawker

Female Common Hawker laying eggs.

Male Common Darter in flight.


Tandem pair of Common Darter.

Frog Hoppers.

This Silver Y moth seems to be checking the fly out by touching its leg with its antenna.
 

2 comments: