Monday 7 September 2020

Isle of Mull part 8

Any trip to the Isle of Mull is not complete without a trip on the Lady Jane run by Martin Keivers, which departs from the Ulva Ferry pontoon, and it is brilliant. You never know what you might see.

We saw four White-tailed Eagles on our trip.








Believe or not these are the fins of a Basking Shark the first one I have ever seen.

It came straight toward the boat but all we saw were the fins

Once again, the first Porpoise I have seen.


I managed to catch this Gannet in a dive but I missed it hitting the water



Seals basking on one of the small islands


A couple of Gulls


As we were approaching the ferry landing on our return this Heron flew past the boat.

Later that day I went out with my wife to see if we could find any Hen Harriers. She spotted one sitting on a fence post. It was far too far away for any decent images so this was the best I could do. In fact, this was about the best I got of a Hen Harrier from our holiday.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment