Saturday 5 September 2020

Isle of Mull part 7

Here are the last of the moths from our holiday on the Isle of Mull. I thought most of these would be easy to identify, how wrong was I.

Yellow Underwing?

Lesser Yellow Underwing

I thought this one would be easy to identify because it is well marked. The only thing I can say is it is a Noctuidae species.

Another Noctuidae species

Rosy Rustic

Scalloped Oak

Small Fanfoot

Smoky Wainscot

I think these are both Smoky Wainscot

Lesser Swallow Prominent. When I was taking the images I did not realise there are two species, Lesser Swallow and Swallow Prominent, they look similar so I may have disregarded some moths thinking I already had an image. That will teach me.

Another Lesser Swallow Prominent


I hope that the next three are all Triple Spotted Clay



Another Wainscot?

White Ermine

 

No comments:

Post a Comment