Friday 4 September 2020

Isle of Mull part 6

We stayed in two different cottages during our holiday on Mull but I only had my moth trap out three times during the first week. The weather was brilliant both weeks but what put me right off were the thousands of Midges I had in the trap when I put it out on the first night of our second week, it did not go out again. This is part one (don’t worry there are only two parts) of the moths I caught and I may, as usual, not have all the correct names.

Antler Moth


I thought at first this was a Silver Y but the markings suggest Beautiful Golden Y

Common Marbled Carpet

Coxcomb Prominent

What a difference light can make this is the same moth as the one above

Dotted Carpet

Dun Bar

The next three are Ear Moths (I think)



Flame Carpet

Footman

I think this may be too worn to be identified but it is a Geometridae species

Grey Arches

A Yellow Underwing

Lesser Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing
 

No comments:

Post a Comment