Friday 24 February 2023

Burdon Moor

 Yesterday I had a walk around Burdon Moor. It was bright and sunny and I thought I might find some Shieldbugs, alas no. What I did find was a Kestrel out hunting and after around five attempts it did catch something. I also heard and saw my first Skylarks of the year and a cracking male Bullfinch.

Kestrel out hunting.




I managed to get a couple of very distant shots of it going into a dive.


After this dive it did catch something and landed on the post to eat it. It was too far away to see what it was it caught however it didn’t get to eat whatever it was because it was chased off by some Crows.

It circled around again but I didn’t see it dive again.


Male Bullfinch.



My first Skylark of the year.

According to a dog walker I met there were four Roe Deer in one of the fields but this is the only one I saw.


No comments:

Post a Comment