Thursday 2 February 2023

Shibdon Ponds & Far Pastures

I haven’t been to Shibdon Ponds for ages and with reports of a pair of Mandarin Duck there I thought I would have a look. Unfortunately, the Mandarins weren’t around while I was there but there was a canny female Goldeneye. Once again nothing much on the ponds at Far Pastures but the Gadwall that has been there for a while put on a show as did the Little Grebe. The lane was once again the most productive place. 

Female Goldeneye.




Goldeneye having a stretch with a sleeping Canada Goose behind it.



Male Tufted Duck.

I wouldn’t like to get on the wrong side of him.

Shelduck.

Gadwall having a bath.



Little Grebe. It looks as though it’s after something.



Willow Tit doing a bit of ballet.


Nuthatch.

Long-tailed Tit.


No comments:

Post a Comment