Sunday 19 February 2023

Buzzard

 I was in the hide at Lamesley the other day but most of the birds that were there were on the large pond to the right of the hide and too far away for pictures. I did not see much until I got my eye on a Buzzard sitting in a tree straight opposite the hide however, if you know the hide at Lamesley you will know how far the trees that the Buzzard was sitting in are away from the hide. These images are big crops but I liked the way things panned out.

This Buzzard was sitting in a tree a canny distance from the hide. It got its eye on something

And flew down to investigate. It was there for a short while eating something

Then flew back into the same tree.

It sat for a while

Then was joined by another Buzzard.

They both just sat there watching

Then the second one flew down from the tree. Unfortunately, I did not see where it landed

But it came up with a worm.

It flew back to another tree

Landed

And ate the worm.

While it digested the worm it was still on the lookout.

It took off and flew down to the field






Once again I did not see where it landed but this time it did not come up with anything. Both birds flew off after this and I did not see them again.


No comments:

Post a Comment