Friday 15 September 2023

A few insects…

 …from a walk around Burdon Moor the other day. I took far too many images (again) so I have split the Blog into two. Once again, I have tried to identify most of insects but please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, however I could look all day at my book on spiders and I would still be none the wiser.

7-spot Ladybird.

Another 7-spot with a caterpillar hanging by a thread.

This 7-spot looks as though it has smaller spots than the others.

Female Scorpionfly.

Blowfly.

Another Sp. of Blowfly.

Flesh Fly?

Syrphus Sp. Hoverfly.

Syrphus Sp. Hoverfly.

Eristalis Sp. Hoverfly.

Eupeodes Sp. Hoverfly.

Spider waiting for lunch.

Wolf Spider.





Harvestman.

Plant Bug?

German Wasp.

Comma Butterfly.

Speckled Wood Butterfly.

Aphid.



No comments:

Post a Comment