Monday 18 September 2023

You would normally…

 …expect to see the supporting act before the main event and I make no exception in this case and I’m pleased I did as there would be too many images for one Blog. I thought I was going to be late to the party at South Gare but I needn’t have worried because the main event was still there when my wife and I arrived. (more in my next Blog). As I said there was a canny supporting cast (often too far away for decent images) including…

Pale Arctic Skua.

Another pale Arctic Skua.

Intermediate Arctic Skua.

And I think a juvenile Arctic Skua.

Another juvenile.

The Skuas would not leave the Terns alone they were chasing them everywhere.





Sandwich Tern doing what comes naturally (if I was being chased by a Skua I would be doing the same).

Another Sandwich Tern in fact I saw quite a few of these.

However, I only saw one Common Tern.

Looking at its shape in flight I think this image and the next one are of a Red-Throated Diver. Please correct me if I’m wrong.


Cormorant coming into land.

Drying its wings after it had landed.

Razorbill.

Oystercatcher.


No comments:

Post a Comment