Sunday 3 September 2023

Garden Insects

The first time we had had a sunny day in what seemed like ages I went into the garden to try and get some images of the insects that were flying about. I hope I have the identification right on most of them if not please feel free to put me right.

Not sure what species of bee this is.

Take off.

Carder Bee.

Is there room for one more.

Of course, there is.

Carder Bee with a large pollen sack.

Eristalis Sp. Hoverfly.

Helophilus pendulus Hoverfly.

Syrphus Sp. Hoverfly.

Another Syrphus Sp.

Possible Platycheirus Sp. Hoverfly.

Syrphus Sp. in flight.

German Wasp?

A Fruit Fly.

Stable Fly?

Some sort of flying ant?

Red Admiral Butterfly on our rotary clothes dryer.

Believe it or not this is the first time I have taken a photo of a Woodlouse.


No comments:

Post a Comment