Tuesday 5 September 2023

Far Pastures

 Yesterday was the first time I have been out with the camera since my knee operation seven weeks ago. I chose Far Pastures because I wouldn’t have to walk far from the carpark to the hide and if I did fancy a short walk there was always the lane plus, I thought there would be something to take pictures of. Unfortunately, there wasn’t. There was a Heron sunning itself but it was hidden from my view by reeds. The only thing I managed to get shots of on the pond were dragonfly in particular Migrant Hawker. It wasn’t much better along the lane I only managed to get two images a Shieldbug and a fly. However, I’m not complaining it was still great to be out once more. All the images of the Migrant Hawker and Common Darter were taken with a Nikon Z9 and 500mm f4 + 2x convertor.

It may be hard to make out but this is a pair of Migrant Hawker.

There were a few Migrant Hawker around.









Common Darter.

Common Green Shieldbug instar.

Tachinid Fly.


No comments:

Post a Comment