Saturday 2 September 2023

Another first in the…

 …garden but not what I was expecting. We had been out for an early lunch yesterday and had just arrived back in the house and were sitting having a cup of tea when my wife said something has just run across the patio. I immediately thought rat. She said no it was too light and was taller than the step. I thought massive rat. We both went into the conservatory to see if we could find out what it was. Then out from the tall grass from the side of the garden wandered a biggish light animal. I was taken aback at first because I have never seen a ferret in the garden before. One of our neighbours a few doors down keeps ferrets as pets (we didn’t know this) and was cleaning out the cage. Unfortunately, he had left the door open turned his back and one of the ferrets made a bid for freedom. It wandered through a couple of gardens and ended up in ours. While I of course was taking pictures of it my wife was able to coax it nearer to her so she could pick it up. Our neighbours arrived at the front door and just as they were about to knock and ask if we had seen a ferret, I opened the door and my wife handed the ferret back to them much to their delight.








2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, nice one Ron. Hope you're making good progress back to fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Alan. Still can’t walk very far but at least I’m driving now so it won’t be long until I’m back out with the camera.

    ReplyDelete