Saturday 16 September 2023

Just Shieldbugs…

 …for the second part of my walk at Burdon Moor.

My first ever Blue Shieldbug.


First for the year Hawthorn Shieldbug.


Two adults and a final instar Hawthorn Shieldbug.

Final instar Hawthorn Shieldbug.

My first for the year Spiked Shieldbug.





Hairy Shieldbug.


This Hairy Shieldbug has suffered some damage/injury to its back.

Two Hairy Shieldbugs.

Gorse Shieldbug.


Common Green Shieldbug.

This CGS looks to have some sort of injury near its eye.

This is a newly emerged adult CGS.

This is a second instar nymph CGS.

This CGS and the next two are final instar nymphs.




2 comments:

  1. Excellent haul there Ron, and nice to get your Blue Bug at last :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much Alan much appreciated. The Blue is the one I have wanted for a while chuffed to bits that I have finally got it.

    ReplyDelete