Wednesday 12 May 2021

Black-necked Grebe

 Last week I paid a visit to St Aidan’s RSPB in Leeds. What a great day, Bitterns were booming, Cetti’s, Reed and Sedge Warbler were calling from the reed beds, Swift and House Martin were hawking the sky and Wren and Linnet were singing from the top of Gorse bushes. And the bird I went to see did not disappoint the Black-necked Grebe put on a great show.

The very first bird I was put onto was a Little Owl and thanks go to the bloke who showed me where it was.


Black-necked Grebe with chicks on its back.




And if you want a rest from carrying them give your wings a shake…


…and they drop off 


Your partner then takes over


Both parents were on feeding duty




Coot feeding its chick


Reed Warbler (unfortunately I did not get a shot of the Cetti’s or Sedge Warbler)


Male Reed Bunting


Female Reed Bunting


Bar-tailed Godwit


Heron


Swift my first of the year


My first House Martin of the year


Wren


Linnet


After nearly five hours of walking around the reserve I got back to where the Little Owl was and it had not moved




No comments:

Post a Comment