Monday 17 May 2021

Sparrowhawk

 Once again, this is not for the squeamish however, the Sparrowhawk has been in the garden again today for three quarters of an hour. It seems to have a liking for Starlings because that’s what it got again this time. I was shooting through double-glazing while it was on the patio and with a 300mm lens, I struggled to get it all in.  I used a 70-200mm lens for some of the other images but because of where it was I had to use high ISO. Unfortunately the reflection you can see in the glass is the rug on the conservatory floor. 


Watching it watching me.



It wasn’t happy when a Magpie tried to take the Starling.


It knew I was watching.


But carried on regardless (the Starling was still alive at this stage)



It might not look it but this is an even darker spot in the garden.










No comments:

Post a Comment