Monday 1 August 2022

Sparrowhawk (not for the squeamish)

 01.08.22 Once again I was going to do a Blog from Mull but this just happened so I will do one at a later date. I’d been out for a short walk with the camera but unfortunately didn’t get any pictures. I just got back into the house when out of the corner of my eye I happened to see this going on in the back garden. I had the 500mm lens on the camera and thought if I got into the conservatory, it would be too long so I swapped it for the 300mm. I managed to get the lens up against the double glazing without disturbing the Sparrowhawk and fired away. This must be the third time a Sparrowhawk has been in the garden in the last few days. The first time three Magpies were eating the remains of a young Starling (I got pictures but they are rubbish). The second time there were just the feathers left of a Starling so its third time lucky for me but not the Starlings. Even today the Magpies were keeping and eye on the Sparrowhawk but they didn’t get anything this time. When they came too close the Sparrowhawk flew off with what was left of its meal.






















No comments:

Post a Comment