Sunday 5 March 2023

Thornley Woods

 The back end of last month saw me at Thornley Woods and Far Pastures. I took far too many pictures, at both sites, so I have split one Blog into two. This one is Thornley Woods.

Two Roe bucks were in one of the fields and at first, I thought I was going to see a bit of sparing albeit from behind some bushes, alas no. This is the only shot I got of one of the bucks and it shows the velvet just coming off the antlers.

However, three females walked right past the hide this is one of them.

This is the second.

A Heron had landed in an area just out of site from the hide but as one of the females walked past the spot it got a shock as it was not expecting the Heron to be there. The deer jumped and ran to the cover of the trees. This is it looking back at the Heron.

This is the third female eating some bracken.

The startled deer looking around.

Something did spook them again and they all ran back from whence they came. This one however could not resist stopping and having a good look at me.

Female Great Spotted Woodpecker.





Nuthatch. I love the way they pose.




The Heron flew up into a tree and sat there for ages preening, yawning, and generally having a good look around.




Long-tailed Tit.




I said to myself do not press the shutter as this American Tree Rat sat on a post and what did I do, I pressed the shutter.


No comments:

Post a Comment