Monday 20 March 2023

Snow on the ground

 These images, and there are a lot of them, were taken ten days ago when we had a little bit of snow on the ground. By the afternoon, when I went around the village again, it had nearly all gone.

This young Row Buck was on the wrong side of the fence to its mates.

He was panicking a little.

I did see him manage to get over the fence at the third attempt.

This Mistle Thrush seemed to be guarding this mole hill from allcomers.


Another Mistle Thrush keeping an eye on me.


Yet another Mistle Thrush on a post there were quite a few around.

Fieldfare.






There was a mixed flock of Thrushes and this Redwing is my favourite image of the day.  

Another Redwing.

Female Kestrel flying by.

I think I mentioned in a previous Blog that she seems to have a favourite tree here she is sitting in it.

The male Kestrel out hunting.

Treecreeper. 

I have seen two Treecreeper but whether they are a pair I don’t know.

This one has found what looks like an ant to eat.


Song Thrush.

Woodpigeon.

Goldfinch.


Magpie looking at me looking at it.

A couple of Curlew.

As I said earlier the snow had nearly all gone when I went out later. The light had all but gone too and I was just about to leave when this Hare ran across the field.


And stopped in front of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment