Wednesday 22 March 2023

Outside the Village

 I ventured just outside the village about a week ago. It was a short walk but enjoyable.

Male Yellowhammer.


Buzzard busy doing its thing.

Then was chased off by Crows.

A small flock of Long-tailed Tits were flitting about in a hedge.




This female Roe Deer came out of some long grass.

Followed by a male. The antlers on this male are no longer covered in velvet unlike the antlers on the other deer I have seen recently.

They both came out into a field where they grazed for around half an hour.


I was behind a Hawthorn bush so I was partially hidden.

However, the male kept an eye on me.


While I was watching the deer this female Kestrel came out to hunt.

I didn’t see it catch anything.

The male however had more luck. He came low across the field right behind me and landed on a trailer with a Vole in his talons.

What is it with Hares I was just about to leave when this one came out of the long grass into the field.  It stopped briefly then hurried off.


No comments:

Post a Comment