Wednesday 10 July 2024

Burdon Moor Insects

One of my favourite walks to look for insects is Burdon Moor there is nearly always something to find. However, so far this year I haven’t seen many of the different species of Shieldbug you would normally get there. And just as a footnote I have been twice recently to Twizell Woods and on each occasion I have only seen one Dragonfly which I find quite worrying considering the numbers and different species I have seen there in previous years.

Hairy Shieldbug.

Two Hairy Shieldbug.


Gorse Shieldbug.
 

Golden-bloomed Grey Longhorn Beetle.

14-spot Ladybird.

Soldier Beetle.



Froghopper.

Meadow Plant Bug.

Common Carpet Moth.

Silver Ground Carpet Moth.

Pug Moth but which one I’m not sure.

Small Yellow Underwing Moth.

Nettle Tap.

Ancylis badiana Moth.

Garden Tiger Moth Caterpillar?

German Wasp.

Nomad Bee.

Common Carder Bee about to land on a flower.

Nurseryweb Spider.





This one is carrying an egg-sac.


Crab Spider.

Crab Spider with what looks like a Beetle for its bait.


No comments:

Post a Comment