Tuesday 9 July 2024

Tawny Owl Chicks

 It was a few weeks ago when I saw some images of a Tawny Owl and I recognised the place where they were taken so I thought I would go and have a look for myself. Unfortunately, I didn’t manage to get any images of the parent birds (I did see at least one) however I did get some of the Tawny Owl chicks.  I heard a couple of calls and realised it was the chicks calling for their parents. I could see both chicks sitting near the top of a tree so I took a few images while they were hopping around and then left them alone. A later quick trip to Far Pastures didn’t produce much, a Heron and some Tufted Duck were about  the highlights.

Tawny Owl chick.

The second chick.






Nuthatch. 


Female Great Spotted Woodpecker.

Heron.

Male Tufted Duck chasing a female.


She did a bit of wing flapping after that chase.


A Tufted Duck chick learning to dive.


No comments:

Post a Comment