Wednesday 31 July 2024

Twizell Woods

 A walk around Twizell Woods last month produced some canny insects however, I was shocked at the lack of dragonflies, I saw only one, a Four-spotted Chaser it’s becoming quite disturbing. There were, as I said, other insects to photograph and here are some of them. Oh, and by the way if I fall down on identification, please keep me right.

Golden-bloomed Grey Longhorn Beetle.


There were a few Speckled Longhorn Beetle.

A pair of Speckled Longhorn.

Taking off.

I spent ages and probably took hundreds of images trying to get them in flight

And landing.

Flying with a Hairy Shieldbug below.

Black-and-Yellow Longhorn Beetle.

The same beetle with a Big-headed Fly following.

Hairy Shieldbug.

Hairy Shieldbug and I think a Great Pied Hoverfly.

Great Pied Hoverfly about to land.

Plant Bug.

Large Skipper Butterfly.

Blood-vein Moth.

Bumblebee Hoverfly.

Robber Fly.

Xylota segnis.

Four-spotted Chaser the only dragonfly I saw.

Azure Damselfly.

Large Red Damselfly in tandem.


No comments:

Post a Comment