Monday 16 September 2024

A local walk…

 …up to the whinnies last month produced some canny insects. Please feel free to correct me if, once again, I have any of the identification wrong.

Mid Instar Bronze Shieldbug. I saw it to late just as it was heading back into the bush.


3rd Instar Common Green Shieldbug.

Another 3rd Instar Common Green Shieldbug.

4th Instar Common Green Shieldbug.

Yellow-bodied Black Fungus Gnat.

The remains of a Common Sexton Beetle.

Soldier Beetle.

Plant Bug?

Silver Y Moth.

Shaded Broad-bar Moth.

Moth.

Mid Instar Hawthorn Shieldbug. This was found at Tanfield Marsh Wildlife Reserve to which I will not be back for a while, the reason, I have never seen as much dog crap as I saw here. You only had to walk a couple of yards and there was another pile. Some was left in bags, WHY, one bag was only about ten yards from a bin AGAIN WHY. It’s a shame as it has the potential to be a canny site for wildlife.


Also found at the Marsh were these Spined Shieldbugs.

I disturbed this Scalloped Oak Moth when I was mowing the lawn.

Found by our neighbours a Buff-tip Moth Caterpillar.


No comments:

Post a Comment