Monday 2 September 2024

Scotland part three

 While we are up in the Pitlochry area, we usually pay a visit to Loch of the Lowes Wildlife Reserve to see the Osprey. Unfortunately, this year we were a week to late the resident pair had already left. We did however see one Osprey passing through but the warden wasn’t sure if it was one of the local birds or not. As luck would have it, we drove into Dunkeld for lunch and low and behold an Osprey was fishing on the river. Unfortunately, it was flying and hovering directly into the sun. I managed to get some shots and then decided to move to the bridge over the river to see if I could get something better. When I was nearing the bridge, I could see another photographer and when I arrived he told me the Osprey had dived, caught a fish, and had flown off to eat it. I wish I had stayed where I was.

Osprey at the Loch of the Lowes.

I tried, without much success, to catch the Sand Martins if flight.





There were some Deer on the opposite shore to the hide we were in.

Some iffy shots of the Osprey at Dunkeld.





This Jay was in the garden when we got back to the cottage.



This Spider was in the cottage my wife caught it in a glass and put it outside so I could get a shot of it.

We had a drive into the hills surrounding the cottage that evening to see what we could spot the only things I got any images of were these Deer.


No comments:

Post a Comment