Friday 6 September 2024

Scotland part four

 I remember many years ago someone told me of a small loch that had Black-throated Divers on it. So, no matter what time of year I was in that area of Scotland I visited that loch in the hope of seeing those Divers. My visits always seem to coincide with rain and I have never seen the Divers that is until this year. I went twice in the week we were up there and on the first occasion (once again in the rain) I saw one Diver however the images I got that day were rubbish. I went back a couple of days later (in the rain) and “get in” I saw three, a juvenile and two adults. I used the car as a back drop and an 800mm lens so I wouldn’t disturb them got the images I wanted then drove back to the cottage a happy man.




















Jays were a regular visitor to the garden.







This Flycatcher on the other hand was just passing through. 


2 comments:

  1. Summer plumaged BtD is a real stunner, great shots despite the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Alan. You’re right they are stunning birds.

    ReplyDelete