Monday 22 March 2021

A first and a last…

 …a first as in it is the first time ever I have seen a Brimstone Butterfly in the North East. I have seen them in other parts of the country but never here, this morning that changed. The last comes in the form of, unfortunately, the demise of a Bullfinch that I came across the other day.

Brimstone Butterfly. It might be a bit strange on this Blog but it’s my first in the North East.

Male Bullfinch

A pair of Bullfinch. The male is carrying what looks like nesting material.

Female Bullfinch

The male again with nesting material.

Two males, one looking aggressive.



I don’t know if it had anything to do with the aggressive bird in the above pictures but not long after I came across this dead Bullfinch. I thought to myself that would make a canny meal for something.

I was proved right because not long after I saw this Stoat carrying the Bullfinch off. 









No comments:

Post a Comment