Wednesday 24 March 2021

An early morning…

 …and late afternoon walk on the 21st the knees held up ok (just) and it’s great to carry the new 500mm lens it’s so much lighter than the old 500mm.  I had the moth trap out 20th/21st but only five moths of three different spices.

Spring is definitely sprung when you hear the Song Thrush singing.


A Wren also singing.


Same Wren different bush.


I know what you are thinking, “that Wren is never going to swallow all of that“.


Dunnock.


A lot of courtship displaying was taking place.


Heron at our local pond.


Linnet.



Woodpigeon.



Yellowhammer.


I cannot resist the Moon.


On the way home I found this Brown Hare hunkered down.


Hebrew Character.


I think this is a Small Quaker (please correct me if I‘m wrong).


A very poor image of what I think is a Diamondback Moth however, according to the literature, this moth should not emerge until May. What is it doing in a trap in late March?




No comments:

Post a Comment