Wednesday 3 March 2021

I have been both…

 …very lucky and perhaps a little selfish (sometimes it is better to not let on about the whereabouts of vulnerable species) for almost a year now because I have had the pleasure of taking pictures of the Long-eared Owls without the presence of other photographers. However, my luck seems to have run out, there was another photographer there the other night. Now I don’t mind that but if word has gotten out it’s only a matter of time before the “Toggers” (a derogatory name given, by some, to photographers, justifiably so in some cases, who don’t care about the welfare of wildlife they are just interested in getting the best image possible) turn up. I hope I’m wrong but if word has got out, when this lockdown ends and people are able to travel again I think we will see “Toggers” at this site.

Anyway enough of that here are some more images of said Long-eared Owl.

My first view of it this time was when it landed right in front of me.


It then went on the hunt



It caught something and protected it by Mantling (arching or crouching over it to conceal it from other predators) unfortunately I didn’t manage to get a shot of it taking off with what it caught




It was soon back on the hunt



It also checked me out a couple of times












No comments:

Post a Comment