Friday 6 May 2022

Garden Wildlife

 In between doing a little work in the garden I took some pictures of the insects that were around at the time.

Bumble Bee in flight.

Common Carder Bee.

Common Carder Bee in flight.


Bumble Bee.

Mining Bee.



Tawny Mining Bee.

I thought this Carder Bee was on its last legs

It seemed to be struggling to get off the ground

However, it pushed its self-up and flew off.

Bumble Bee gathering pollen.

Common Wasp.

I haven’t a clue what sort of grub this is. My wife dug it up from under the soil and after I had taken some pictures, I put it back there. 

My wife found this on the conservatory door so I was able to get images from both sides. Note to self must get her to clean the glass more often lol.


Fly.


4 comments:

  1. Aye, its amazing what you can get in the garden if you spend a bit of time there. I believe your grub is a Rove Beetle larvae of some sort, the bigger the larvae the bigger the beetle. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alan, for the info. I seem to spend more time taking pictures than I do gardening.

      Delete
  2. Could it be a diving beetle larvae?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Michael there is a pond in our neighbours garden but there is some large Koi Carp in there so I’m wondering if the beetle larvae would survive there.

      Delete