Monday 9 May 2022

Stargate Ponds

 Another visit to Stargate Ponds at the end of last month might not have produced all of the Shieldbugs I was hoping for (I did get a couple) however, it did produce a number of insects etc that I have not seen before. If I have any of the identifications wrong, please let me know.

4th instar Forest Bug.

Gorse Bug.


Red and Black Rhopalid.

I am assuming some sort of Weevil

Another Weevil

Common Leaf Weevil.

Birch Catkin Bug?

7-spot Ladybird.

14-spot Ladybird.

Cream-spot Ladybird.

I’m guessing a Leafhopper of some description.

Another Leafhopper?

An Ant.

A small green Spider

Zebra Spider

Caterpillar.

An Aphid.

These three images of a Spider spinning its web were shot at a pond I have just found. I’m keeping an eye on it for Dragonflies.



Carder Bee


No comments:

Post a Comment