Sunday 15 May 2022

2nd & 3rd May

 That’s how far I’m behind with my picture editing because those dates are when my wife and I, along with a couple of friends, went to Mount Grace Priory (first eight pictures), Nunnington Hall (next five pictures) and Thorp Perrow (last five pictures). It also shows how sad I am because when people go to places like that, they would probably take pictures of the beautiful landscapes or the buildings however that’s not me I take pictures of the wildlife.

Buff-tailed bumblebee.A member of staff at Mount Grace Priory had hung laminated pictures of Bees from a wall so people could identify what they were looking at. That’s how I identified these Bees.  

Hairy-footed flower bee.




Small Hoverfly.

St Mark’s Fly

Tree bumblebee?

A pair of Grey Wagtail gathering insects at Nunnington Hall kept us entertained for ages.





Common Green Shieldbug.


Pied Wagtail.




2 comments:

  1. Laughed at your intro Ron, last summer holiday I only took a macro lens so if I wanted to take a pic of the family (or anything of interest other than insects) I had to stand about 50 yards away. Glad it's not just me :-) Luckily my better half has a smartphone to take 'normal' holiday pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I’m pleased it’s not just me. My wife and friends know what I’m like and can wait around for ages while I take a picture of this or that insect or bird.

    ReplyDelete