Tuesday 31 May 2022

Twizell Woods part one

 18.05.22 (still way behind) A visit to Twizell Woods for Broad-bodied Chaser did not disappoint. There were loads of other insects and bugs too so I made the most of it hence part one and two.  I know I wright this every time but if I have any identification wrong, please correct me.

A male was patrolling the ponds and obligingly posed for me.


This newly emerged chaser literally landed right in front of me and I could not resist.



Large Red Damselfly.

Large Red in tandem.

Azure Damselfly.

Another Azure.

A plant bug of some sort?

Sloe/Hairy Shieldbug.


Red and Black Froghopper.

Green Nettle Weevil.



Common Leaf Weevil.

Green Nettle Weevil.

Harlequin Ladybird.

14-spot Ladybird.

Click Beetle?

I am probably miles wrong but I’m going for Rainbow Greenclock.

Soldier Beetle.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely set of macros there Ron, love the Broad-bodied Chasers, haven't seen any for a couple of years, I must try harder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Alan. I’m still trying hard to find Shieldbugs lol.

    ReplyDelete